httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: svn commit: r424817 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/docs/conf/extra/httpd-dav.conf.in
Date Sun, 23 Jul 2006 21:22:33 GMT
On 7/23/06, William A. Rowe, Jr. <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> @@ServerRoot@@ doesn't guarantee that either :-/  grrr - please don't
> start commit wars by reverting without some small post to discuss?

Here's the reply I sent to your original commit (msgid
<e498c1660606010622i3259fae5ndefd98ae336f712@mail.gmail.com>).  I
didn't receive a response.  (But that does remind me that I didn't
revert it properly.  Need to put back the "var" part.)

I believe the issue here is that exp_runtimedir is writable only by
root, while DavLockDB needs to be writable by child processes.  I
tried to introduce the "var" directory in the docs as an example of a
child-writable directory, and have tried to use it consistently as
such.  I consider the stuff in conf/extra to be essentially
documentation, not necessarily working configurations.

Joshua.