httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Trent Nelson" <tnel...@onresolve.com>
Subject Mixing module and httpd builds with different MS C runtime libs
Date Thu, 20 Jul 2006 19:16:14 GMT

If I've compiled httpd/apr with VS 2005, is that likely to adversely
affect my ability to use modules built against different MS CRTs (i.e.
VC6 or .NET 2002/2003)?  And vice versa, too; using modules built with
VS 2005 against httpd/apr binaries built against earlier CRTs.

(And while we're at it, how do httpd and apr fare if they're built w/
different compilers and runtime libs?)

It seems that in general, most open source communities are quite slow to
adopt newer compilers/devenvs for their "official" binaries; perl &
python and their associated httpd modules, svn etc all seem to be
sticking to VC6 (or, less commonly, 0VC7/7.1).

>From what I've seen, if an application is attempting to load DLLs built
with VS 2005 against MSCRT8, it will also need to be built against the
same CRT so that it honors the new .manifest loading procedures.

Anyone else care to share their experience or thoughts on the matter?

	Trent.