httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Trent Nelson" <tnel...@onresolve.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Release mod_aspdotnet build 2004?
Date Fri, 14 Jul 2006 02:37:29 GMT

From: William A. Rowe, Jr. [mailto:wrowe@rowe-clan.net]
> Please cast your +/- 1's to release
mod_aspdotnet-2.x.0.2004-source.zip
> (along with associated binaries ...2.0.0.2004.msi and
...2.2.0.2004.msi,
> one corresponding to 2.0.44 and later, the other to 2.2.2 and later).

+1

I tried the 2.x.0 mod_aspdotnet binaries against a fresh install of
httpd 2.2.2 (not bothering to build from source, we're trying to move
towards VS 2005 for everything, so there's no enthusiasm to manage a VS
2002/.NET 1.0/1.1 build in house).

The only C#/.NET webapp I care about is dotnetcharting which worked
flawlessly right off the bat.  (That's actually a huge win for us as it
means we can include mod_aspdotnet + dotnetcharting in our custom httpd
build (just as we do with our other modules) and not have worry about
our clients having to mess around with IIS.)

So, thank you Bill and anyone else that contributed; excellent work.

From: James Park (pencil_ethics) [mailto:pencilethics@gmail.com]
> To everyone out there, especially the PMC: _please_ don't let
> mod_aspdotnet die out so easily...

Couldn't agree more.  I'm surprised there's even the slightest chance of
having it die out, considering the work that's gone into it so far, and
the nice warm fuzzy feeling I got from it straight off the bat.

	Trent.