httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r426604 - in /httpd/httpd/branches/httpd-proxy-scoreboard: modules/proxy/ support/
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2006 20:31:21 GMT

On Jul 28, 2006, at 4:03 PM, Jean-frederic Clere wrote:

> Jim Jagielski wrote:
>

>> On Jul 28, 2006, at 1:54 PM, jean-frederic clere wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have committed the code to get comments on some points:
>>> - Does it make sense to include from support objects from
>>> modules/ proxy?
>>> - Does the mod_proxy_health_checker is the right way to go? - I
>>> mean: one part is storing the worker information to use it in an
>>> external process and the other is the health check of a worker,
>>> should  the module be cut in 2 pieces? -
>>> - Any other comments?
>>>

>> I thought that this was about abstracting out scoreboard
>> so that other modules could have scoreboard-like
>> access without mucking around with the real scoreboard...
>>
> The scoreboard abstract is in modules/mem.

That is very specific to the proxy module implementation...
It basically just "moves" the current scoreboard access for
the proxy module to a different area, wraps them in
some function redirection, but with an impl that isn't useful to
anyone else but the proxy module... at least that's how
it appears to me :/

Unless I'm missing something...