httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@gbiv.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r426143 - /httpd/httpd/branches/2.2.x/NOTICE
Date Thu, 27 Jul 2006 20:20:51 GMT
On Jul 27, 2006, at 12:57 PM, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> Roy T. Fielding wrote:
>> On Jul 27, 2006, at 10:06 AM, wrowe@apache.org wrote:
>>> Author: wrowe
>>> Date: Thu Jul 27 10:06:27 2006
>>> New Revision: 426143

>>> Log:
>>>
>>>   Wrong project name
>> That line is for the product name, not the project name.
>
> And - I understood that our product is the Apache HTTP Server, not
> httpd.
> At least that's been the consensus in the docs project for the last
> three
> years.

Well, the docs project consensus is wrong.  Our main product is httpd
(one of several products) and our project is Apache HTTP Server Project.

Change it back, please.  It isn't important enough to stop the release,
but I really don't appreciate people tweaking a file that I edited
myself
just a couple weeks ago to contain the correct legal information.

....Roy