httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: New Windows build - Apache 2.2.3
Date Mon, 31 Jul 2006 21:25:15 GMT
Steffen wrote:
> At AL there are reports that also with VC2005-IDE the 2.2.3 Windows
> source gives issues.
>
> Is it an idea to revert back to the 2.2.2 method ? there we had no
> reports like this.

Nope - the old version required awk to -build- the sources.  Now, awk
is only needed to customize the .conf scripts, and in it's absense, well
do it yourself by hand.  awk's no longer required.

The solution as mentioned several times is a custom-build step to invoke
rc.exe, where none of the versions of visualstudio will corrupt the cmd.

> Indeed the unix source builds fine with VC2005  IDE.

So does the windows bundle; grab
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/apr/apr/trunk/build/cvtdsp.pl - and in the
httpd-2.2.3 tree, just invoke

perl cvtdsp.pl -2005

This won't be necessary in 2.2.4 - wouldn't have been in 2.2.3 if this
security issue hadn't popped up.

Bill