httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-frederic Clere <jfcl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r426604 - in /httpd/httpd/branches/httpd-proxy-scoreboard:
Date Sun, 30 Jul 2006 19:26:03 GMT
Jim Jagielski wrote:

>Jean-frederic Clere wrote:
>

>>Jim Jagielski wrote:
>>

>>>A quick check shows that various worker stats are not shared...
>>>doing a reload of the balancer-manager shows the I/O/Elected
>>>values flopping all over the place. So they seem in this
>>>impl process specific and not shared at all. Did nothing
>>>special to build modules/mem just allowed default config
>>>and build...
>>>

>>The shared is not create because $APACHE_HOME/proxy does not exist...
>>

>And this is documented where?
>
>No doubt, if we're mapping shared mem to a actual file system location,
>it needs to be change-able or anonymous (in which case APR does it
>for us)

Easy I have added a parameter (ProxySlotMemLoc) in mod_proxy.

When using a value like:
ProxySlotMemLoc "proxy/comarea"
The shared memory associated file will be $ServerRoot/proxy/comarea.
When using nothing the shared memory will anonymous. The internal name
in this case is ":mod_proxy.c".
Comments?

In fact I am not 100 % happy with it. Probably something like:
ProxySlotMemLoc "shm:proxy/comarea"
Would use shared memory to store the "shared" part of the workers.
ProxySlotMemLoc "plain:proxy/comarea"
Would use plain memory.
Comments?

Cheers