httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <>
Subject [Vote] product name - for shipping versions
Date Sat, 29 Jul 2006 18:54:16 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> Roy T. Fielding wrote:
>> I tried to yesterday, but it is nigh impossible without a single unique
>> word to search for.  Maybe we should just hold another vote.
> It's hellish to search for, yes.  The topic is raised every once in a while
> and nobody stops to say "Wait, we create the 'httpd' program guys!"  So I'd
> totally disagree with you that it's not consensus.  But I'll agree it has
> changed over the years by lazy consensus.

Roy would prefer we determine the active consensus.  Please vote for what
you believe is the principal, proper name of the product we create from
the sources located in the
repository (vote for one);

 [ ]  httpd
 [ ]  Apache httpd
 [ ]  Apache httpd Server
 [ ]  Apache HTTP Server

This reflects the name of the -current releases- only, we aren't asking you to
choose (or add) your desired name for -future versions-.

Many thanks.

View raw message