httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-frederic Clere <jfcl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r426604 - in /httpd/httpd/branches/httpd-proxy-scoreboard: modules/proxy/ support/
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2006 20:17:47 GMT
Jim Jagielski wrote:

> On Jul 28, 2006, at 12:34 PM, jfclere@apache.org wrote:
>
>> Author: jfclere
>> Date: Fri Jul 28 09:33:58 2006
>> New Revision: 426604

>> Log:
>> First try to put togother an external health checker for mod_proxy.
>>

> Just coming back from OSCON, I haven't had a chance to take
> a deeper look but MAN that's a lot of code and data duplication.
>
> What's the goal for the code? What's the push for an
> external health checker?

I see different reasons to have an external health checker:
- It does not need a request to start.
- It tests the back-end server not only the socket used to send the data.
- It allows to have the information that a worker is down before send a
request to it (prevent useless retries).

Cheers

Jean-Frederic