httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ruediger Pluem <rpl...@apache.org>
Subject Re: httpd-proxy-scoreboard
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2006 07:56:50 GMT

On 07/27/2006 02:37 PM, Jean-frederic Clere wrote:
> Ruediger Pluem wrote:

> You want to check all the connections of the pool corresponding to the
> worker but not all the workers.

Not all at the same time, but only the one I actually leased.

>> If it is not that does not mean
>> necessarily that the server in the backend failed.
>>

> That probably means the socket has been closed ;-)

Yes, provided the backend is not faulty this will the most common case then.

>> It could be just this connection. So the default response on a faulty
>> connection
>> would be to close this one and try with a new one.
>>
> With TC that means you create a new thread in TC, we must not overload
> the back-end server.

That should not be a problem in most cases. If e.g. TC has closed the socket
from its side then the thread holding the connection is free again. And if httpd
closes the connection successfully the thread also should be become available again.

Regards

RĂ¼diger