httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brandon Fosdick <b...@bfoz.net>
Subject Comment error in httpd.conf included with 2.2
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2006 03:41:56 GMT
I just installed 2.2 on a FreeBSD box to start playing with it and noticed that the installed
httpd.conf has the, apparently self-contradicting, text shown below. Granted, it's just a
comment, but it could be confusing for new users. Unless I'm missing something?

# Configuration and logfile names: If the filenames you specify for many
# of the server's control files begin with "/" (or "drive:/" for Win32), the
# server will use that explicit path.  If the filenames do *not* begin
# with "/", the value of ServerRoot is prepended -- so "/var/log/foo.log"
# with ServerRoot set to "/usr/local" will be interpreted by the
# server as "/usr/local//var/log/foo.log".