httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r424674 - /httpd/httpd/branches/2.0.x/STATUS
Date Sun, 23 Jul 2006 22:06:18 GMT
Ruediger Pluem wrote:

> Sounds like a good idea to me to work this either into the setaside code on apr-util
side
> or into ap_save_brigade

++1 to both...

ap_save_brigade_ex ?

For setaside, of course, we could have a setaside_ex member, but it seems
to me we can have a common struct that persists as datum on the pool, itself,
consisting of setaside and setaside_limit members.  setaside would accumulate
the size of the setaside buckets, and setaside would fail if an allocation was
required and the setaside_limit would be exceeded.

Thoughts?

> But I guess for backwards compatibility we need to retain the old versions of setaside
/ ap_save_brigade
> that simply call the new ones with a limit of 0 (=unlimited).

Well, adding this as a datum to the pool (assuming unlimited if it's not found)
means that we could implement, in theory, in 1.2.x/0.9.x.  Adding any apr _ex
function would require 1.3.0, or 0.9.x which doesn't have the same versioning
rules.  For httpd, 1.2.3 can include this if ap_save_brigade_ex bumps the mmn.

ap_save_brigade_ex would know the rules for this operation and how to manipulate
the pool datum, or use the accessor calls against a pool to define setaside
limits.

Bill