httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r424691 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/Makefile.win
Date Sun, 23 Jul 2006 09:25:36 GMT
wrowe@apache.org wrote:
> Author: wrowe
> Date: Sun Jul 23 01:59:14 2006
> New Revision: 424691

> Log:
>
>   Simplify; installtest was an -artifact-, not a design decision :-)

Well, I was not sure if you really need a separate install config
target. Nevertheless, since the Makefile.win is manually maintained,
how about to consider creating a full-blown command line make for VC
allowing multiple CPU targets and VC versions as well.
I proposed the multiple target build for apr some time ago,
that we are using at JBoss to build the apr for multiple cpus.
I know that the maintainer needs to know the MS makefile, but I
suppose the same applies to the GNU build system.

Regards,
Mladen.