httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: What happend to mpm_winxp?
Date Sun, 23 Jul 2006 08:55:56 GMT
Jorge Schrauwen wrote:
> i was talking about:
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/httpd-dev/200408.mbox/%3C4129D4AD.4090605@apache.org%3E

Just goes to show how things slip past people's radars when they have other
things going on, and really there are only two or three dev@'ers who would
have been in a position to review that code :)

And of course, since it didn't follow submission proposals (show us the
minimum patch to accomplish something, not a whole file set to unzip which
most on a unix mailreaders won't waste time to do) .. well, not a big
surprise that between not-reviewable and busy people it got no response.

I took a quick look and Mladen hasn't updated it, sometimes it's best to ask
the original author what's cooking since their post, but next time please do
toss in a pointer to the forgotten incident you want to raise.

As he's a committer here, I'm sure Mladen would be happy to reply.  I remember
looking at this, myself, and having alot of concerns about concurrency between
logging a few other shared resources.  We actually need a better API for the
generic module to be able to use shared resources on win32 as simply as on unix.
Shared handles without fork are a pita, and we special cased these rather than
solving the problem when we attacked the winnt mpm.

Bill