httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Darroch <chr...@pearsoncmg.com>
Subject Re: apache 2.2 crashes at the start time in mod_dbd.c then preparing AuthDBDUserPWQuery
Date Sat, 22 Jul 2006 04:59:28 GMT
Anton Golubev wrote:

> It's the same, but I don't agree it is Virtual Host specific, as you
> said.
>
> This configuration (almost taken from documentation) also crashes the
> server:

> ServerRoot /usr/local/apache
>
> Listen 80
>
> User nobody
> Group nobody
>
> DocumentRoot /home/ivc2/public_html
>
> DBDriver mysql
> DBDParams "dbname=Users user=auther passreplace=xxxxxx"
> DBDMin 1
> DBDKeep 2
> DBDMax 10
> DBDExptime 60
>
> <Directory /home/ivc2/public_html>
>
>     AuthType Basic
>     AuthName 'ADMIN ZONE'
>     AuthBasicProvider dbd
>     AuthDBDUserPWQuery "select PASS from Users where LOGIN= %s"
>     require valid-user
>
> </Directory>

   Yes, it seems to be caused by the <Directory> ... specifically,
authn_dbd_prepare(), which is called to handle the AuthDBDUserPWQuery
directive, calls ap_dbd_prepare() and passes cmd->server as the
server_rec *s argument.  Then ap_dbd_prepare() does:

    ap_get_module_config(s->module_config, &dbd_module);

and that returns NULL.  I quickly also tried running:

    ap_get_module_config(cmd->server->module_config, &authn_dbd_module);

inside authn_dbd_prepare(), and it too returns NULL.  And yet I feel
sure I'm seeing things that do effectively the same thing in other
directive handlers, like cmd_rewritelog() for mod_rewrite:

    ap_get_module_config(cmd->server->module_config, &rewrite_module);

Maybe something about that's being RSRC_CONF vs. ACCESS_CONF for
mod_authn_dbd?  I can't grok it tonight; maybe I'll catch some
time over the weekend.

Chris.

--
GPG Key ID: 366A375B