httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-frederic Clere <jfcl...@gmail.com>
Subject mem memory providers
Date Fri, 14 Jul 2006 23:06:50 GMT
Hi,

I am starting an thread that could go under ap_proxy_get_worker and
proxy_worker_stat in mod_proxy ;-)
Because I would like to create a new family of modules under mem
(httpd/modules/mem): "shared memory provider".
The idea is to have modules that provides memory that could used by
slots (pieces).
Why:
- The proxy balancing "shared area" is in the scoreboard could be good
to have it outside the scoreboard (BTW each actual proxy entry in
scoreboard is 1024 bytes fixed size and mostly not used).
- That allows to have part of this "shared area" RW for httpd and part
RW for another process to do some external health check or more.
- The scoreboard itself could use that memory.
Of course the first module I have written is for mod_proxy and use the
actual scoreboard ;-)

Comments?

Cheers

Jean-Frederic