httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jess Holle <je...@ptc.com>
Subject Apache 2.2.2 + CGI -> Child Exit?!?
Date Fri, 14 Jul 2006 13:10:35 GMT
With Apache 2.2.2 on Windows, we're getting the following error:

  Parent: child process exited with status 3221225477 -- Restarting.

Whenever URLs are requested that execute CGI that was working 100% fine
in Apache 2.0.x.

This leads me to ask:

    * How can a CGI program kill an Apache worker process?
    * How can this happen only in Apache 2.2.2, but not in any 2.0.x
      that we've tried.

The CGI in question is a 3rd-party application for which we have neither
source nor official Apache 2.2.2 support.  Yet I would think that CGI
should just work irrespective, right?  Or at least it shouldn't kill the
Apache worker processes, right?  Could this be an issue in 2.2.2's mod_cgi?

To make matters weirder the issue went away for one developer, but he
does not know what he did to make it go away nor can anyone else seem to
reproduce this.

--
Jess Holle