httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: IPV6 enabled on supplied Windows 32 binary?
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2006 23:53:24 GMT
Jess Holle wrote:
> So what's the story with IPv6 on Windows?
>
> Are there some versions of Windows which always support it, but the
> headers we use for Windows don't detect this at build time?

No, the version of winsock2 and ws2_32 .dll files either do or do not
support IPv6, so its been built so far with the lowest common denominator.

I'm personally not ignoring the issue but have had too few cycles to deal
with this to date.

Patches are welcome.  There's no reason not to solve this dynamically
where available.  Using the feature test macro sucks, and the next
iteration of apr aught to do better.  After all, I can have a solaris
box with ipv4 and ipv6 support, and tomorrow reboot it without a single
ipv6 adapter present.

Bill