httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jess Holle <je...@ptc.com>
Subject Re: IPV6 enabled on supplied Windows 32 binary?
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2006 16:38:32 GMT
Colm MacCarthaigh wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 13, 2006 at 10:47:15AM -0500, Jess Holle wrote:
>
>> So what's the story with IPv6 on Windows?
>>
> Works fine in every version of windows since 2000, although 2000 itself
> needs a kit and patching installed.

Great.  That covers all versions of Windows my employer cares about, so
we can build our Apache with IPv6 always enabled.
>> Are there some versions of Windows which always support it, but the
>> headers we use for Windows don't detect this at build time?
>>
> We don't use an autoconf-like system on Windows, so although we could
> detect this at build time, it's just something which has been left as a
> build option.

I knew that but was wondering if there was some #if magic based on OS
level defines instead.  I can see why there is not, though -- that would
result in requiring an older OS to build an Apache that is compatible
with the older OS.
>> We bundle our own Apache builds for a number of Windows OS levels and
>> have customers who really want IPv6...  I don't want to break anything
>> for the rest of the customers, though.
>>
> That's at your own risk :-)

Obviously :-)

By "break anything" I meant that it should still work despite the fact
that they're actually only using IPv4, etc -- not that this would not
uncover a bug -- which is always a risk.

--
Jess Holle