httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Akins <brian.ak...@turner.com>
Subject Re: Additing a storage for the shared information of the worker in mod_proxy
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2006 15:59:03 GMT
Jean-frederic Clere wrote:
> With such an interface you assume only one process will access to one
> slot... That is what the scoreboard allows.
> Allowing updates from different proccesses on the same slot.
> Should we have an ap_slot_read_look() and an ap_slot_unlock() for that?

No. we don't have such for the "built-in" scoreboard.  Anything can read
the scoreboard, only current "worker slot" can change it.  that's why in
the "sample" API, to get the memory you pass a conn_rec.

If it's slow, people won't use it.  Semaphores are generally "slow."
Enforcing it by convention like we currently do seems reasonable.

--
Brian Akins
Chief Operations Engineer