httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: hot standby in proxy added
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2006 15:49:21 GMT
Jim Jagielski schrieb:
> Yes, and that's why it's confusing. I can also see cases
> where you would want a hot-standby available at the same
> distance as well (check to see if there's a hot standby
> first, before checking hosts at a greater "distance").

You are totally right, I missed that one.

> IMO, just because something is done one way in mod_jk doesn't
> mean that it makes sense to copy the exact naming, etc over
> to mod_proxy. People who do HTTP proxying and LB have one set
> of "expectations" which occasionally do not map to how mod_jk
> has done things.

I didn't want to have it work exactly like mod_jk, I simply forgot about
your above use case. I'm not totally happy with mod_jk, because it grew
over a long time, whenever a special new use case appeared, but it lacks
consistency of configurations options and how they interact.