httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ruediger Pluem <rpl...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Re: proxy_worker_stat in mod_proxy]
Date Sun, 09 Jul 2006 15:45:34 GMT
On 09.07.2006 16:37, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> Ruediger Pluem wrote:
>

>>So it makes sense from my perspective to
>>add a void pointer *to* the proxy_worker_stat structure to enable
>>balancers to store custom data that is private to them.
>>

> This already exists. See
>
>     void            *context;   /* general purpose storage */

Ups, I missed that one. Thanks. Thus the only problem that remains with that is
that one worker might be shared by multiple balancers with different methods (if
this configuration makes sense is another story). This could cause problems if
the different balancers use different balancing methods. OTH from a quick look
at the code I assume that this configuration would be problematic anyway as
reusing an existing worker in a balancer causes the parameters of the worker to
 be changed. So this shouldn't really be done. Maybe worth a warning in the
error log?

Regards

RĂ¼diger