httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ruediger Pluem <rpl...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Separate mailinglist for doc related bugs?
Date Sat, 01 Jul 2006 12:46:12 GMT
On 30.06.2006 11:14, Rich Bowen wrote:

> One other suggestion - In Thunderbird there's a notion of a "saved
> search." Every mail client has this, but they call it different
> things. Do a search, save that search as a folder, which then gets
> updated dynamically. I have a "saved search" for stuff in the svn
> commit list that has 'docs' in the subject line. A similar thing could
> (I think) be set up for the bugs@ list so that docs bugs would be
> shown in that "virtual folder". I haven't tried this yet, so I don't
> know how easy it is, but I'm sure it's possible.

This sounds like a nice feature, but it does not help people who use an
email client which lacks this feature.
A different proposal to keep the mails also on the bugs@ list:

As adding two email addresses for the same component is not possible in
bugzilla, what about subscribing bugs@ to docs-bugs@ and let bugzilla sent the
documentation bugs to docs-bugs@?

> Colm also tells us that the new version of Bugzilla has RSS support,
> at which point I'll just drop the mailing list entirely, and use RSS
> for the bits I'm interested in. Any notion on the timeline for this
> new version?

Yes, this sounds nice. Anyway I think we should keep the email notification up
for quite a while even after installing the RSS capable version of bugzilla.

Regards

RĂ¼diger