httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Graham Leggett" <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: httpd binaries and crypto
Date Mon, 17 Jul 2006 16:05:22 GMT
On Mon, July 17, 2006 4:57 pm, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> Getting closer.

Cool :)

>> - Inform users with a crypto notice in the distribution's README and
>> download pages.
>>
>> Does placing a README file at the point of download cover this? Does a
>> new release need to be made with the notice inside the distributed
>> binary, or can the notice live alongside the binary?
>
> IMHO?  Sure.  Package names themselves can help too (I downloaded
> crypto?!?
> but it was named xxxx-mod_ssl.rpm!!!)

Just to understand you correctly, the "sure" was referring to the "placing
a README file" rather than "notice inside the binary"?

In theory, the "ssl" in mod_ssl-version.rpm" should be a hint that it is
crypto, is this enough?

> Right at this moment, the apr project is correctly reporting their newly
> created
> dependency on openssl (as of a future apr-util release) so solving that
> case
> study will make the HTTP Server case trivial.

I could find no http://www.apache.org/export.html, or
http://apr.apache.org/export.html yet, or am I jumping the gun?

Regards,
Graham