httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Jorge Schrauwen" <jorge.schrau...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: proxy balancer backports for 2.2.3
Date Mon, 24 Jul 2006 18:09:15 GMT
On 7/24/06, William A. Rowe, Jr. <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:

> Jorge Schrauwen wrote:
> >
> > On 7/24/06, *William A. Rowe, Jr.* <wrowe@rowe-clan.net
> > <mailto:wrowe@rowe-clan.net>> wrote:
> >
> >     All of this sounds great!  But I'm planning to T&R by Wednesday,
> it's
> >     just been way too long since we've had a release.  Pathetic really
> :)
> >
> > T&R = Tag and release right?
>
> Tag & Roll :)  It's similar, but there's no 'release' till it has the
> votes.

Ooh so close ^^
So tag -> source code is tarred?
Roll -> source is put on server for testing
-- voting --
Release or no release?

> Same voting rules apply? no member input is welcome but votes don't count?
>
> Right - especially people on esoteric platforms.  FWIW - we are also glad
> when folks see these notes and take a look at the svn stable branch and
> try
> building from it, so we discover any problems before the tag.

Ok so what do i check out? Trunk? 2.2 branch?

>     Hopefully we can get one of these released every 3-6 weeks instead of
> >     every 3-6 months, and there shouldn't be much wait for users to get
> >     the new balancer options in their hands.  We can't even get a normal
> >     httpd release into users' hands very often, never mind interesting
> >     subprojects ;-)
> >
> > Actually 2.2.2 was such a great release, If all 2.2 releases could be
> > like that that would be very sweet.
> > If it aint broken or exploidable don't patch it... unless there is a
> > huge huge list of new features and small non important fixes afcource.
>
> Of course ;-)  The idea is to pick up the release you want, although
> things
> have been in more of a you-must-update mode for a while.  I'd like to see
> a release in the next few months that is purely for the fun of getting the
> newest features.

New stuff is good ^^ but i remember some 2.0 release where just one or 2 big
bug fixes that got released a few months apart and that was kind of ugh i
just compile the stuff and all the extra modules, now i have to start over
^^

--
~Jorge