httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: load balancer "cluster" set
Date Mon, 31 Jul 2006 17:05:00 GMT
Guy Hulbert wrote:

> Absolutely :-).  I have no intention of writing any code for perchild if
> someone else (undoubtedly far more qualified than I) happens to want to
> do it.
>
> After looking at the code from subversion and having thought a little
> more about 'perchild' I can see a few difficulties and I can see good
> reasons why it may not have been worked on.

perchild is an MPM that would be very useful if it was ever
done. However, to make it very portable is also not trivial,
and it requires additional APR capability which would need to
be added as well...

One reason for a generic scoreboard would be to help make
perchild easier, since we could store the passed fd's in this
location alleviating some of the current problems.