httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: apache 2.2 crashes at the start time in mod_dbd.c then preparing AuthDBDUserPWQuery
Date Sat, 22 Jul 2006 10:09:54 GMT
On Thursday 20 July 2006 23:33, Anton Golubev wrote:

> This configuration (almost taken from documentation) also crashes the
> server:

Not for me it doesn't.  But putting your <Directory> inside a <VirtualHost>
gets the crash.

So the basic issue is that we're using the server_rec when we may not
have it.  In fact, a <Directory> might be valid within more than one
virtualhost, each having a different backend, so we really need to
expunge the server_rec from ap_dbd_prepare.

I've hacked a quick patch against trunk, that saves the definitions
to a global hash and retrieves them at child_init, when the server_rec
is known to be valid.  Will commit if it looks right after reflection:-)

--
Nick Kew