httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: 2.0.x
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2006 22:43:30 GMT
I had in mind to fix this tonight.  But it's too complex to get right
late at night after a long day and a couple of glasses of wine.

A look at it suggests we have a bug in ap_directory_walk
affecting all versions.  The "cached dir walk" optimisation at
lines 555-583 (Trunk) is losing the symlink check.

The quickest fix would be to scrap the optimisation altogether.
Otherwise, we need to run the extra checks at lines ~942-1014
at that point.

All of this is unfortunately in a single function.  Any better fix
is going to be thoroughly ugly, unless it changes that.

Anyone else looked at it, please let me know if your diagnosis
agrees with mine, and if you can see a less ugly fix!

--
Nick Kew