httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Guy Hulbert <gwhulb...@eol.ca>
Subject Re: load balancer "cluster" set
Date Mon, 31 Jul 2006 17:00:24 GMT
On Mon, 2006-31-07 at 18:31 +0200, Graham Leggett wrote:
> I get the sense that you would rather the developers scratch your itch

Their itch is not a problem for me ... and it isn't something I would
necessarily use apache for ... though for a small to medium scale setup
it might be very useful.

> (in
> the form of perchild), rather than theirs (in the form of lb).

Absolutely :-).  I have no intention of writing any code for perchild if
someone else (undoubtedly far more qualified than I) happens to want to
do it.

After looking at the code from subversion and having thought a little
more about 'perchild' I can see a few difficulties and I can see good
reasons why it may not have been worked on.

The reason I am interested in perchild is that combined with WebDav and
Reiser4 it will be possible to create general business applications
which make subversion look like a toy.  Perchild looks like the missing
piece.  It is extremely inconvenient for everything on the back-end to
be owned by one user.

The client-side support for WebDav has been present in windows since
1998.  For some reason, Microsoft just seems to have stopped there.

--
--gh