httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Guy Hulbert <>
Subject Re: load balancer "cluster" set
Date Mon, 31 Jul 2006 16:22:03 GMT
On Mon, 2006-31-07 at 12:04 -0400, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> > Nope.
> >
> > Load balancing really belongs at the network layer.
> > But, I suppose, if people want it ...
> >
> People want to simplify things.

The simple solution is to buy a bigger piece of hardware or outsource
the problem to the relevent experts.

Trying to do meaningful load-balancing within an application will not be
simple.  At the router it is simple.  All the required data is present
in one spot.

Look.  I really don't want to discourage you.  Especially, since it has
been claimed that the work has already been done.

The real danger, I see, is that you try to become all things to all
people when there does not seem to be resources to solve problems which
are very specific to the core application.

View raw message