httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Guy Hulbert <>
Subject Re: load balancer "cluster" set
Date Mon, 31 Jul 2006 15:55:54 GMT
On Mon, 2006-31-07 at 17:42 +0200, Graham Leggett wrote:
> On Mon, July 31, 2006 5:32 pm, Guy Hulbert wrote:
> >> People want it.
> >
> > Thought so :-(
> Why the :-(...?
> httpd tries to deliver what people will find useful, and load balancing is
> a very useful part of a multi tier webserver architecture.

Despite the technical criticism I already posted, I suppose I might find
it useful to have a cheap load-balancing solution at some time in the

However, I see the 'perchild' mpm as a much more pressing need.  I
looked into WebDav about 12 months ago and several people were looking
for this functionality.  I have looked at the alternatives and none of
them are really attractive.

I would also like to see some low-level technical documentation but I am
afraid that I will find "the code" is that.  I will write some before I
do any work on 'perchild' ... assuming I actually try to do this ... it
won't be a quick project for me.

> Regards,
> Graham
> --