httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeff Trawick" <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: debug apache
Date Sun, 18 Jun 2006 14:03:20 GMT
> On Saturday 17 June 2006 09:47, Ruediger Pluem wrote:

yep

Getting inside these macros is what enables diagnostic features such as

a) mod_status display of where a request is being held up
b) pinpoint of the crashing module in a mod_whatkilledus report
c) logging the module and phase where a request was handled/failed in
the access log (put a string in r->subprocess_env for logging when a
module causes the hook run to stop)

> > > And do you think that the developer would accept a patch for apache 2.x
> > > and would apply it?
> >
> > Depends on the patch :-). Please take into account that these macros are
> > part of apr-util. So this discussion belongs to dev@apr.apache.org.
> > Currently I have not made any thoughts how these macros could be modified
> > in a way such that they play together with httpd logging.
>
> I think you'd be far better off with a generic trace such as strace.
> They're made for precisely this kind of thing.

Solaris truss can be used to obtain this type of information.  I don't
know how to accomplish it elsewhere.