httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Plüm, Rüdiger, VF EITO <ruediger.pl...@vodafone.com>
Subject AW: restructuring mod_ssl as an overlay
Date Thu, 08 Jun 2006 10:14:01 GMT

Yep, thanks from me too.

> On Wed, Jun 07, 2006 at 02:03:33PM -0700, Roy T. Fielding wrote:
> > Okay, let me put it in a different way.  The alternatives are
> >
> >  1) retain the status quo, forbid distributing ssl binaries, and
> > include in our documentation that people in banned
> countries are not
> > allowed to download httpd 2.x.
>
> This gets my vote.  I don't see why it's necessary for the
> ASF to be in
> the business of distributing binaries; letting other people
> assume the
> technical and legal responsibilites for doing that seems reasonable.
>
> The documentation work necessary would be greater if mod_ssl is split
> into a separate package, and having mod_ssl in the tree is one of the
> compelling features of 2.x anyway.

Provided that we do not find a solution that allows us to keep mod_ssl inside
the httpd tree (having an additional non ssl source tar ball that has the
modules/ssl directory removed during rolling the package seems to be
acceptable to me (not knowing if this would solve our legal pains))
I agree with Joe.

Regards

Rüdiger