httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: restructuring mod_ssl as an overlay
Date Thu, 08 Jun 2006 12:39:15 GMT

On Jun 7, 2006, at 4:03 PM, Roy T. Fielding wrote:

> Given those constraints, I would prefer to separate the httpd releases
> into a non-crypto package and a crypto overlay, similar to what most
> of the packaging redistributors do (fink, apt, etc.).

Is the concern that we bundle mod_ssl with httpd via
source or that we also provide binary packages which
have mod_ssl?

I think, personally, we should just release the source
and drop the whole binary packages as well. If that
doesn't address the issue, then I think we should have
2 releases: one with mod_ssl and one without.