httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Henri Gomez" <henri.go...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: mod_proxy_balancer/mod_proxy_ajp TODO
Date Mon, 19 Jun 2006 20:31:01 GMT
2006/6/19, Mladen Turk <mturk@apache.org>:
> Henri Gomez wrote:
> > Good to see that PING/PONG got such a good response here.
> >
> > When I added this to mod_jk it was just a quick way to detect hang
> > JVMs but it seems to many on the TC-DEV not a very usefull feature :)
> >

> And may thanks for such a great idea Henri ;)
> Actually its a great way to detect all those
> busy/broken/hanged/disconnected servers.
>
> I'm not sure how we could add that feature to the
> http/https protocol, the Rudiger suggested.

Well it's not easy to add this to http since HTTP stack could be
consuming but you could imagine some sort of magic URI handled quickly
by remote Tomcat (at the connector http/ajp side), and have some sort
of timeout associated to this request.

For the load-balancing algorythm, do you plan to propose a bunch of
pre build algos and let users select the right one for their use or
allow externals modules ? We could see that like mod_jk / mod_proxy
modules like apache modules  does for HTTP...