httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Justin Erenkrantz" <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: AW: restructuring mod_ssl as an overlay
Date Thu, 08 Jun 2006 18:07:51 GMT
On 6/8/06, Colm MacCarthaigh <colm@stdlib.net> wrote:
> There are quite a few reasonable alternative strategies for dealing with
> that kind of scenario. Does the ASF have such a policy as a matter of
> course, regardless of the severity of such an action?

As that hasn't happened yet, there is no set policy - except that we
would take it very seriously.

We have had informal issues with potential copyright violations (all
of which have been resolved amicably) - in those cases, we have tended
to lock down the repositories fairly quickly while we investigate
further.

Unfortunately, copyrights aren't as straightforward as patents.  So,
*if* the ASF were to receive a formal notice regarding patent
infringement, I would believe the relevant decision-making parties
would be the Board, VP Legal, Counsel(s), and the relevant PMC Chair.
-- justin