httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ruediger Pluem <rpl...@apache.org>
Subject Separate mailinglist for doc related bugs?
Date Thu, 29 Jun 2006 17:06:58 GMT
I just spoke with some people of the httpd-docs project and found out
that they are either not subscribed to bugs@httpd.apache.org or do
not have time to look through the mails. I fully understand this as

1. Most stuff is not about documentation.
2. bugs@ is a high volume list.

First question: Is this true for most httpd-docs people or did I
just speak to the wrong people :-)?

If this is true this is a pity because some times there are
documentation bugs and I am sure more of them could be resolved /
resolved quicker if just more people are aware of them.
Please keep in mind that I neither want to criticize people who
actual fix them nor people who don't because they have different
priorities / are not subscribed to bugs@. I intent to optimize things :-).
So what is the opinion on creating a new list called

docs-bugs@httpd.apache.org

and changing the configuration of bugzilla in a way that bugs for the
component Documentation below Apache httpd-2 / Apache httpd 1.3 are sent
to this list?

Regards

RĂ¼diger