httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ruediger Pluem <rpl...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r417238 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: CHANGES docs/manual/mod/mod_proxy_balancer.xml modules/proxy/mod_proxy_balancer.c
Date Mon, 26 Jun 2006 18:32:10 GMT
Mladen Turk wrote:
> rpluem@apache.org wrote:

> The worker->s-route is param that can be later tranformed to
> the route depending if this is a s->route or s->redirect.
> Later I'll add s->standby, so in any case only one
> route is ever present and that one you set later
> as BALANCER_SESSION_ROUTE.
>
> So, IMO this env var is either duplicate in case the actual
> route was chosen or wrong in case of domain clustering.

Not quite sure if I get your point, but the decision whether we take the
redirect way, the one that had been in the cookie or if there had not
been a cookie and thus the worker was found by find_best_worker is done
above this code.

So BALANCER_WORKER_ROUTE will actually contain the route of the worker
really choosen. Whereas BALANCER_SESSION_ROUTE contains the route
supplied by the client via the cookie (if any) which does not need to be
the same as you noted correctly.

Regards

RĂ¼diger

P.S: Are you in Dublin?