httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: mod_proxy_balancer/mod_proxy_ajp TODO
Date Mon, 19 Jun 2006 19:30:45 GMT
Bill Stoddard wrote:
> Mladen Turk wrote:
>
> Once mod_proxy has access to lots of interesting bits, it can be
> programmed to detect and respond to anomalous application behaviors

Huh, the thing you are talking about is some sort of
rule based engine. Without having a virtual file system underneath
the httpd, I'm afraid something like that is impossible, or
at least unefficient. Once when we'll have the entire connection
pool mapped as a file system inside httpd we can do more sophisticated
things with balancing.
Last time I mentioned VFS, the goal was 3.0. I already have some
code inside sourceforge for couple of years, and just waiting the
'need' for it :)

Regards,
Mladen.