httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject mod_proxy_balancer/mod_proxy_ajp TODO
Date Mon, 19 Jun 2006 16:21:43 GMT
Hi guys,

I'm would like to give few notes on the things I'm
currently working on, so that eventually no duplicate
work is done if someone already have similar things
on his drawing board.

1. Additional by business load balancing method
    that will load balance on the actual load of the
    beckend servers. The servers that have shorter reply
    time will get more load.

2. Hot standby support. Something we have recently added
    to the mod_jk that allows to have the 'hot-standby'
    backend node, that sits there and does nothing until
    all the other nodes fail.

3. CPING/CPONG support for the AJP protocol, for checking
    the status of the backend server prior of sending the
    data itself.

Comments?

Regards,
Mladen.