httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject [Fwd: svn commit: r413981 - in /httpd/httpd/dist: Announcement1.3.html Announcement1.3.txt]
Date Tue, 13 Jun 2006 21:50:08 GMT
Question; it was fairly clear folks were fine with removing 1.3 binaries (still
hooking things up correctly as I type) for Win32.

It seems rational to drop Netware and OS2, but I'm not a stakeholder of either.
It's up to you maintainers if you feel we should keep shipping netware and OS2
Apache 1.3 binaries, or relegate them to the archvies.apache.org closet.

Thoughts?

Bill

+<p>Binaries distributed by the Apache HTTP Server Project are provided
+   as a courtesy by individual project contributors.  The project makes
+   no commitment to release the Apache HTTP Server in binary form for
+   any particular platform, nor on any particular schedule.</p>
+   variants.  While the ports to non-Unix platforms (such as Win32, Netware
+   or OS2) will function for some applications, Apache 1.3 is not designed for
+   these platforms.  Apache 2 was designed from the ground up for security,
+   stability, or performance issues across all modern operating systems.  Users
+   of any non-Unix ports are strongly cautioned to move to Apache 2.</p>
+
+<p>The Apache project no longer distributes non-Unix platform binaries
+   from the main download pages for Apache 1.3.  If absolutely necessary,
+   a binary may be available at <a href="http://archive.apache.org/dist/httpd/"
+   >http://archive.apache.org/dist/httpd/</a>.</p>