httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: restructuring mod_ssl as an overlay
Date Wed, 07 Jun 2006 22:05:01 GMT
Colm MacCarthaigh wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 07, 2006 at 03:53:51PM -0500, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>
>>Before we take -any- action, we need to have one policy across the ASF.
>

> *shrug*, this is dev@httpd, so I'm going to stick to httpd specifically
> for now, and that can feed in or not to any policy the ASF desires to
> later impose :-)
>

>>Our research hopefully contributes substantially to that policy.  But
>>we can't enable per-project balkanization when it comes to complying
>>with US law.
>
> Sure, but I don't have the legal advice, and I'm trying to ask some
> targetted questions to see what other options there are. I've been
> studying law, for my sins ;-) Anyway, I'm not taking responsibility
> for monitoring any paralell discussions elsewhere within the ASF
> and trying to ensure coherency.

Just to be clear, I brought Cliff back to the discussion to oversee our
conclusions, and hopefully bring that sanity back to the rest of the
foundation.  If we go overboard, or don't take sufficient action, he
can help fix it early, and then pass on this policy across the rest.

E.g. httpd + mod_ssl + openssl is a great case study (lol - also the first
case study) and once we are done everyone else should have an easy time
following.

Bill