httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: restructuring mod_ssl as an overlay
Date Wed, 07 Jun 2006 21:20:48 GMT
Roy T. Fielding wrote:

> Okay, let me put it in a different way.  The alternatives are
>
>  1) retain the status quo, forbid distributing ssl binaries, and  include
>     in our documentation that people in banned countries are not  allowed
>     to download httpd 2.x.

Acutally - I'm still looking for citations (?) of how binaries are treated
in this day and age if they compile the same code as source.  That said,
redistributing ssl binaries fits if we deny everyone in banned countries
or those with jurisdictional issues the right to obtain httpd.

Bleh - of course the status quo is a nonstarter.

 From a maintenance perspective, perhaps modifying the roll-release script
to strip modules/ssl/ from a 'no-ssl' flavored tarball would be enough?

Bill