httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Brad Nicholes" <bnicho...@novell.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r411306 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/modules/aaa/mod_authnz_ldap.c
Date Sat, 03 Jun 2006 21:35:44 GMT
>>> On 6/3/2006 at 5:45 AM, in message
<cc67648e0606030445p765d4ccfje298e4ba1c0e05ee@mail.gmail.com>, "Jeff
Trawick"
<trawick@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/2/06, bnicholes@apache.org <bnicholes@apache.org> wrote:
>> Author: bnicholes
>> Date: Fri Jun  2 15:01:53 2006
>> New Revision: 411306

>> Log:
>> Fix a problem with invalid auth error detection for LDAP client SDKs
that
> don't support LDAP_SECURITY_ERROR macro. PR#39529
>
> Should we define our own macro which uses LDAP_SECURITY_ERROR or the
> more detailed logic, to keep the mainline code cleaner and support
> reuse in other paths

I thought about that and couldn't really decide if we should define the
LDAP_SECURITY_ERROR macro in the ldap header in apr-util or not.  I
finally decided that if we started down that road then there are
probably a lot more macros and other differences between the LDAP SDKs
and how far should we take it.  So rather than try to redefine all of
the missing macros and  force a dependancy on between httpd and
apr-util, I would just solve it in authnz_ldap.  We could certainly
rethink this and try to solve it in apr-util instead.

Brad