httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <>
Subject Re: svn commit: r410757 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/docs/conf/extra/
Date Thu, 01 Jun 2006 18:09:42 GMT
Joe Orton wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 01, 2006 at 09:17:27AM -0400, Joshua Slive wrote:
>>On 6/1/06, <> wrote:
>>> Add example/default allow-from for localhost, please???
>>><Location /server-status>
>>>    SetHandler server-status
>>>    Require host
>>>+    Allow from 127
>>I think you are looking for Require ip 127 or something like that.

Of course, thank you...

>>But I'm not sure why it is necessary.
>>We've always just used here, haven't we?

These were;

#    Order deny,allow
#    Deny from all
#    Allow from

which is slight different than saying to someone trying
to understand these modules.

> I agree it would be better to omit it.  It's misleading to say that
> is sufficient to allow access from the local host anyway; on
> any IPv6-enabled host you need to allow access from ::1 too.

Require ip 127 ::1   or whatnot then?  Yes, this is a good point, perhaps
using localhost makes more sense (sure folks break that dns entry, but better
that, than to fight ip local syntaxes ;-)

If consensus says ignore this issue (default to allowing the admin to look at
their local machine's status) then I'll revert this commit rather than fix.

View raw message