httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Adamczyk <p_adamczyk...@yahoo.com>
Subject HTTP messages
Date Fri, 30 Jun 2006 02:59:25 GMT
Hello,

While testing HTTP messages on popular Web sites, I've
observed that the same message sent to the same
version of the Apache server can return completely
different results.  Obviously, most of the results are
due to user configuration.  But I'm most puzzled by
the HEAD message, because according to the source
code, it should be created with the same code as GET
(except for the message body), but some Apache servers
generate HEAD responses without the Content-Length
header or set its length to 0.

I've put the results in a paper.  I would appreciate
your reviews or any comments you can provide on this
topic.

http://pinky.cs.uiuc.edu/~padamczy/docs/ecows06_http.pdf

Thank you,

Paul Adamczyk