httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Mathieu CARBONNEAUX <i...@ch2o.info>
Subject Re: [info@ch2o.info] Re: debug apache
Date Sun, 18 Jun 2006 20:25:27 GMT
ok i've forget that possibility.... :)

but using strace directly by attaching to processus can be risky in production (like gdb!)...

and with apache with 256 or 512 processuss all working can be hard to debug...

in some time have lost the processus...by attempting to attach to it...

and yes is very low level trace...

in first aproche debug log can usefull to see where the problem are and after can be useful
to use strace/ltrace to deep into the problem...

debug trace can be usefull to encircle the problem...

and to have trace of internal information of apache is not very freindly in using strace/ltrace...
than debug log that are trace important information...

i think is more simple to make corelation with debug trace...

and with proprietary module like websphere and weblogic can be deficulte to make good filter
in strace/ltrace to debug...

and some is only to debug configuration probleme... not only bug...

Regards,
Mathieu
  _____