httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Colm MacCarthaigh <c...@stdlib.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r413861 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/support/ab.c
Date Tue, 13 Jun 2006 11:28:20 GMT
On Tue, Jun 13, 2006 at 12:11:38PM +0100, Joe Orton wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 13, 2006 at 10:51:55AM -0000, colm@apache.org wrote:
> > Author: colm
> > Date: Tue Jun 13 03:51:54 2006
> > New Revision: 413861

> > Log:
> > A keepalive response need not neccessarily have included any content-length
> > header, handle this case properly for 304 responses. PR39789
>
> This looks wrong, the patch in the PR was a bit better.  If a response
> doesn't have a C-L/T-E the body is read till EOF.  [23]04 are special
> cases which have zero length bodies regardless of the message headers.

204 is why I didn't conditionalise it on 304, my comment was a bit
misleading there. My change has the same effect as the patch in the PR
for 304 responses, but also for any other keep-alive request which
doesn't include a C-L. Should I restrict to more specific response
codes? or is there another problem I'm just not seeing :)