httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Colm MacCarthaigh <c...@stdlib.net>
Subject Re: restructuring mod_ssl as an overlay
Date Thu, 08 Jun 2006 22:38:13 GMT
On Thu, Jun 08, 2006 at 02:47:59PM -0700, Roy T. Fielding wrote:
> If anyone can think of another option, I'd like to hear it before
> proposing a vote.

Another option is that we could ask the ASF to formally consider upping
roots and changing jurisdiction. I have little doubt over what the
answer would be, but I'd prefer that we exhaust all of the alternative
options before doing anything which would intentionally prohibit
developer participation.

After that, based on your excellent summary, I'm begining to see the
wisdom of a subproject - despite the overhead, maximising developer
involvement and the potential community size is much more important.