httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Colm MacCarthaigh <c...@stdlib.net>
Subject Re: AW: restructuring mod_ssl as an overlay
Date Thu, 08 Jun 2006 17:10:22 GMT
On Thu, Jun 08, 2006 at 12:01:16PM -0500, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> Colm MacCarthaigh wrote:
> >What's next, do we start stripping patented methods from our tarball
> >and making that available too?
>
> Uhm.... which patent *encumbered* methods?

If I were to identify any or perform a patent search, that would make
matters about a hundred times worse for all you US-based contributors,
so I'm going to decline that particular honour ;-)

Suffice it to say that even a cursory glance at a patents register would
likely reveal many ludicrous patents which httpd may infringe.